Lemon Baked Haddock
Haddock – you haddock us at hello! This fish is known for its mild flavor and fine flake, and is well suited for many different cooking methods. One of our favorite, simple ways to make healthy haddock dishes is to bake it! Here’s a recipe we love – the brightness of the lemon brings out the flavor of the fish, and the breading adds texture in every bite.
Since haddock fillets take very little time to cook, you’ve got a meal here to feed a family in under 30 minutes. We love that, and we love to help families eat more nutrient-dense fish. Did you know that white fish like haddock are also filled with vitamins, minerals and beneficial fats – just like other species that are more well-known and popular (we’re talking about you, salmon)? Choosing haddock not only helps you make easy, delicious seafood meals in your home kitchen more often, but it’s also an affordable way to nourish yourself and your loved ones.
For this recipe, you can also roast the fish and with veggies on the same sheet for a sheet-pan dinner.
- 2 pounds haddock fillet
- 1 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest (plus extra lemon for squeezing)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Place Niceland Seafood haddock portions in a greased 9×13-in. baking dish.
- Combine remaining ingredients; sprinkle over fish.
- Bake until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, about 20-25 minutes.
- Squeeze a little lemon juice over fillets