with wild rice, roasted garlic mayo, and lemon.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 14 oz Wolffish fillets
- 6 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 clove of garlic
Roasted garlic mayo
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 3/4 cup Hellmann’s mayo
- 3 Tbsp oz lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp honey
- ½ shallot
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- For the vinagairette: Finely chop the shallot then mix the lemon juice, honey, olive oil, and salt all together.
- Boil the wild rice according to the directions.
- Roast the garlic at 340°f for 15 minutes and then let it cool. Mash it well and mix it with the mayo in a bowl.
- Mix the garlic, fennel seeds, and oil together in a blender or food processor.
- Marinate the fish for at least 10 minutes in a shallow glass dish or a resealable plastic bag.
- Melt butter in a frying pan on medium high.
- Drizzle a little more olive oil on the top of the wolffish & grill for 8-10 min per side, turning only once, until cooked but not dry with an internal temperature of 125°F.
- We know this seems long, but it cooks differently than other fish
- Serve the fish on top of the rice and add the mayo and vinaigrette on top of the fish.