with iceberg lettuce, gochujang dressing, and sesame seeds
Prep time: 15 minutes - Cook time 10 minutes - Serves: two persons
Ingredients for the Haddock
- 14 oz Haddock fillets
- 8 oz (2 cups) Flour
- 1 oz (2¼ Tbsp) Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 17 oz Sparkling water
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Gradually stir in the sparkling water
Ingredients for the endives
- 4 oz (½ cup) Soy sauce
- 4 oz Gochujang (Korean chili paste)
- 1 oz (2 Tbsp) Rice vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- 3 oz (¼ cup) Honey
- 1 oz Garlic minced
- 1 oz Ginger minced
- Mix all the ingredients well in a bowl.
Frying & Serving
- Wash the iceberg lettuce in cold water.
- Tear apart the lettuce with our hands trying to keep individual leaves.
- Use a deep fryer or a large wide, and sturdy pot for frying.
- Fill your vessel two-thirds with oil (rapeseed, sunflower, and vegetable oil are all good choices).
- Heat the oil to 320° F. (You do want the oil to get much hotter than that. If you don't have a thermometer, test the oil with a cube of bread and it should brown in 30-40 seconds.
- Cut the haddock into smaller portions and dip in the batter.
- Fry for 3-4 minutes or until the fish is cooked through and the batter turns golden brown and crispy. Remove and drain on a paper towel.
- Serve the fry the haddock inside the lettuce and drizzle some gochujang dressing over the fish and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Print this Recipe