with wild rice, roasted garlic mayo, and lemon
Prep time: 20 minutes - Cook time 25 minutes - Serves: two persons
Ingredients for the grilled wolffish
- 14 oz Wolffish fillets
- 6 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 clove of garlic
- Mix the garlic, fennel seeds, and oil together in a blender or food processor.
- Marinate the fish for at least 10 minutes in a shallow glass dish or a resealable plastic bag.
Ingredients for the roasted garlic mayo
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 7 oz Hellmann's mayo
- Roast the garlic at 340°f for 15 minutes and then let it cool. Mash it well and mix it with the mayo in a bowl.
Ingredients for the Lemon vinaigrette
- 3 Tbsp oz lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp honey
- ½ shallot
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Finely chop the shallot then mix the lemon juice, honey, olive oil, and salt all together.
Grilling & Serving
- Boil the wild rice (brown rice is great too) according to the directions and the amount you are preparing.
- Melt butter in a frying pan on medium high. Drizzle a little more olive oil on the top of the wolffish. Grill for 8-10 min per side, turning only once, until cooked but not dry with an internal temperature of 125°F. (We know this seems long, but it cooks differently than other fish)
- Serve the fish on top of the rice and add the mayo and vinaigrette on top of the fish.
Print this Recipe