COD en PAPILLOTE
Delicious with roasted potatoes, cooked grains such as barley, couscous, or a simple green salad
Prep time: 20 minutes - Cook time 15 minutes (depending on side dish) - Serves: four persons
Ingredients for the cod
- 2 lbs Cod fillets
- Red chili flakes
- ½ Lemon juiced
- 1 Tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- Pinch of dried oregano
- 8 oz Zucchini, cut into ⅛ inch half moons
- 6 oz Tomatoes of your choice, diced
- Several sprigs of thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Flat-leaf parsley for garnish, roughly chopped
Baking & serving the cod papillote
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F. Prepare 4 heart-shaped pieces of parchment paper. Cut the heart of parchment big enough so that your fish has plenty of room around the edges. Always better to have too big of a piece than too small.
- In a medium bowl, stir together lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Toss zucchini and tomatoes in the marinade. Divide veggies and marinade evenly onto the 4 pieces of parchment.
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and chili flakes then place on top of the veggies and top with a sprig of thyme.
- Fold the parchment and seal the edges by folding over a few times. Bake the packages for roughly 12 minutes.
- Be careful when opening the papillotes as steam will escape. Serve with your choice of side.
Print this Recipe