Einstök Beer Battered Cod Fillets
with roasted potatoes in rosemary, sea salt & garlic aioli.
Einstök beer is Iceland’s #1 beer, and it was only a matter of time before we incorporated it into our cod fillets. We suggest their Icelandic White Ale because it’s uniquely flavorful and pairs well with fish. (If you’re 21, then make sure to save a beer for yourself afterward).
When making this hearty dish, potatoes and a light garlic aioli complement the fish making it great for dinner or a lazy Sunday afternoon!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 55 minutes
- 12 oz cod fillets
- 1 ½ cup Einstök beer
- 1 cup Flour
- 4 cups frying oil (olive, peanut, canola all work well!)
- Sea salt
- 6 Small potatoes
- 3 ½ tbsp Oil
- ⅔ cup rosemary
- Sea salt
- ¾ cup Light mayonnaise
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- Salt (to taste)
Instructions for Einstök Beer Battered Cod Fillets
For the cod:
- Mix Einstök beer and flour in a bowl.
- Cut fish fillets into 4 pieces and add to beer batter.
- Heat oil to medium-high, submerge fish in oil.
- Cook for 4 minutes or until golden.
- Remove fish from oil and let it rest for 4 minutes— season with sea salt.
For the potatoes:
- Preheat oven to 365° F.
- Cut potatoes in half and then again in half to quarter them.
- In an oven tray, coat potatoes with oil and rosemary.
- Season with sea salt and bake for 45 minutes.
For the aioli
- Mix minced garlic and mayonnaise in a bowl.
- Add lemon juice and salt to taste.