with butternut squash, orange, and aged cheddar.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 55 minutes
- 14 oz Flounder fillets
- Sea salt to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Lemon
Roasted butternut squash
- 14 oz Butternut squash
- 3/4 cup Butter
- 1 Orange (for zest and juice)
- ½ cup Aged cheddar cheese
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
Baking the butternut squash
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Peel the skin off the butternut squash, clean, and cut into cubes.
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil over the squash and season with salt, pepper, and finely grated orange zest.
- Bake the squash for 45 minutes or until cooked through.
- After the squash is cooked, brown some butter in a pot and pour over the squash.
- When browning the butter, add cold butter to a pot and stir continuously.
- It’s ready when the butter starts smelling nutty
Baking & serving flounder
- Portion the fish and set on an oven tray with parchment paper and a little extra virgin olive oil.
- Bake the fish at 400°F with the skin on for about 6-7 minutes, or when the internal temperature has reached 130°F.
- Place the fish on a plate and remove the skin.
- Season with sea salt, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Add the squash to the plate and drizzle the browned butter.
- Squeeze some fresh orange juice over and finish with some grated aged cheddar on top.